Saturday, March 29, 2008

XBox LIVE Downtime and CoD4 Map Video Released

April Fools Joke?

XBox LIVE will be down to "Undergo a scheduled upgrade" starting at 2 AM PST on April 1st. There's a debate as to whether or not the downtime is an april fools joke. I, personally think that it isn't so much an April Fools joke as it is preparation for an April Fool's joke. Like last year when Steam (or XBox, I can't remember which at the moment) changed all of the game names in people's "Most played" lists to ridiculous things like, "Hello Kitty's Island Adventure" and "Barney's Pleasure Palace." I expect something of this nature to be implemented after the update.

Broadcast Gameplay Video!

A video showcasing the map Broadcast from the upcoming Call of Duty 4 map pack has been released. It shows a bunch of clips of a guy kicking ass on the map while playing HQ mode. It looks like the 2nd level in the TV room is now accessible, as well as the entire parking lot outside and some parts of the roof that you couldn't get to in the campaign. All in all, this gives a good idea as to how the map looks and will play and I'm now very excited for this map pack to be released.

In Other News...

I have released a new review of the movie Layer Cake on youtube. It is schizophrenic, but fairly entertaining. Check it out!

Also, don't forget to check out my friend Chris's blog! If you like my reviews, pop in there to get your review fix until I start reviewing games again.

No comments: